Guide to a farmhouse kitchen Remodel in Brooklyn
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Layout: Consider the flow of the kitchen and how you will use the space. Kitchen islands are great for adding extra counter space and storage, but make sure they don't disrupt the flow of the room.
- Materials: Choose materials that are durable and easy to clean, such as natural stone countertops, ceramic or porcelain tile floors, and hardwood cabinets.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is important in any kitchen, but especially in a farmhouse kitchen where you may be doing a lot of cooking and entertaining. Consider adding pendant lights over the island, under-cabinet lighting, and a statement chandelier over the dining table.
- Color scheme: A farmhouse kitchen typically has a neutral color scheme with pops of color in the decor. Consider using shades of white, cream, and beige for the cabinets, walls, and backsplash, and adding colorful accents with accessories such as hand towels, rugs, and dishes.
- Storage: Farmhouse kitchens are often known for their ample storage. Consider incorporating open shelving, glass-front cabinets, and built-in pantry space to keep your kitchen organized and clutter-free.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Brooklyn
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Brooklyn
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Brooklyn
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in BrooklynDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsTips on a Wood Floor Bathroom8 Kitchens Featuring A Fridge That Looks Like It's CabinetsCreate A Seamless Kitchen with Flat-Front CabinetsHow To Clean Glass Shower Doors And Prevent Scum
You Might Also LikeNew Ideas For Kitchen CabinetsBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?What To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementHow To Install An Oven