Guide to a modern kitchen Remodel in Gowanus
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A modern Renovation
- Layout: Consider the layout of the kitchen as it impacts functionality and efficiency. Factors to consider include traffic flow, work triangle, appliance placement, and counter space. A well-designed layout can make the most out of limited space.
- Style: Choose a style that reflects your personality and complements the overall design of your home. Modern kitchens generally have sleek, clean lines, and minimal ornamentation. Popular styles include industrial, minimalist, and Scandinavian.
- Materials: Look for materials that are durable, easy to clean, and complement your design. Consider options like stainless steel, quartz, or granite for countertops, and wood or laminate for cabinets. Luxury vinyl tile or porcelain tile are popular options for flooring due to their durability and low maintenance.
- Lighting: Proper lighting is essential in a kitchen. Consider natural light sources, task lighting for food preparation, and ambient lighting for overall illumination. Pendant lights over an island or peninsula can add a decorative element while providing functional lighting.
- Storage: Ample storage is crucial in a kitchen. Consider custom cabinetry or open shelving to maximize storage space. Other storage solutions include pull-out drawers, corner cabinets, and pantry cupboards. A good kitchen designer can help you maximize storage based on your unique needs.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Gowanus
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Gowanus
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Gowanus
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in GowanusHow To Find A Good General ContractorHow To Start A Kitchen RemodelAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet Look11 Penny Tile Design IdeasWhat Is A Jack And Jill Bathroom?
You Might Also LikeWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementHow To Install An OvenDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsHow To Pick A General Contractor