The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Maximize space: Small bathrooms require smart use of space. Consider installing a corner sink or a pedestal sink to free up floor space. Install shelves or cabinets above the toilet to add storage space. Choose a compact toilet and shower to save space.
- Lighting: Good lighting is essential in a small bathroom. Install plenty of lighting fixtures to brighten up the space. Consider installing a skylight or a large window to allow natural light to enter the bathroom.
- Color and texture: Choose light colors and neutral tones to make the bathroom feel larger. Consider adding texture to the walls with a wallpaper or a tile accent wall. Use mirrors to reflect light and give the impression of more space.
- Flooring: Choose a durable and easy-to-clean flooring material. Porcelain or ceramic tile is a great option for bathroom floors. Choose a light color to make the bathroom feel larger. Consider installing radiant floor heating for added comfort.
- Green options: Consider installing low-flow fixtures and a water-saving toilet to conserve water. Choose eco-friendly materials like bamboo or recycled glass for the countertops and backsplash. Install a ventilation fan to improve indoor air quality.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Greenpoint
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Greenpoint
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Greenpoint
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in GreenpointHow To Clean Your Tiles After A RenovationHow To Tile A Bathroom FloorPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsTry this Simple General Contractor Agreement
You Might Also Like10 Modern Bathroom Designs That Feel Very 2023What Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Do I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?5 Modern Shower Tile IdeasWhere To Stay During Your Remodel