Guide to a small kitchen Remodel in Downtown
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Maximize storage: In a small kitchen remodel, it is important to prioritize storage space. Consider installing cabinets that go up to the ceiling, pull-out pantries, and creative storage solutions such as hanging pots and pans on the wall.
- Choose compact appliances: When selecting appliances, focus on ones that are compact and space-saving. Consider a smaller refrigerator, a stacked washer and dryer or even combining appliances like a stove with a microwave above it.
- Pick a smart color scheme: The color scheme of your kitchen can greatly affect its perceived size. Lighter colors and neutrals can make a space feel larger, while darker colors can make it feel cramped. Consider using light-colored countertops and cabinets paired with a brightly-colored backsplash for a pop of color.
- Optimize the layout: A well-planned kitchen layout can make all the difference in a small space. Consider the "kitchen work triangle" - the distance between the stove, sink, and refrigerator - and how it can be optimized for efficiency. Additionally, consider adding a kitchen island with extra storage and counter space.
- Do not forget lighting: Adequate lighting is essential for any kitchen, but especially in a small one. Consider adding under-cabinet lighting to brighten up workspaces and make the room feel larger.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Downtown
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Downtown
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Downtown
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in DowntownPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignHow To Pick A General ContractorA Moody Monochrome Bathroom In Jersey CityHow To Clean Your Tiles After A Renovation
You Might Also LikeSimple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasHow To Clean Glass Shower Doors And Prevent ScumHow To Install An OvenIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasBrooklynGreenpointLincoln SquareBlissvilleChinatown