The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Consider the layout: If your kitchen feels cramped, you may need to rethink the layout to make the most of the space available. An open-plan kitchen may be ideal, with an island or breakfast bar to create additional storage and counter space.
- Choose the right cabinets: Cabinets are a key element of any kitchen, so it's important to choose the right style and material. Wood cabinets are a popular choice, but you may want to consider other materials such as metal or glass for a more contemporary look.
- Make the most of natural light: If your kitchen is small, natural light can make a big difference. Consider installing a skylight or larger windows to increase the amount of light in the room.
- Keep the color scheme light: Light colors can make a small kitchen feel more spacious. Consider using light-colored cabinets, countertops and backsplashes to create a bright and airy feel.
- Maximize storage: In a small kitchen, storage is essential. Consider installing custom shelving or pull-out drawers to make the most of every inch of space. You may also want to consider a pantry or additional cabinets to store small appliances, pots and pans, and other kitchen essentials.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Midwood
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Midwood
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Midwood
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in MidwoodHow To Tile A Bathroom FloorIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen Cabinets8 Kitchen Island Ideas With A SinkHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkKitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets
You Might Also LikeWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?How To Start A Kitchen RemodelDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?