Guide to a traditional bathroom Remodel in Somerville
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Layout and design: Consider the size and shape of the bathroom when planning the remodel. Will the bathtub or shower be the focal point? Would you like to include a double vanity or a custom storage solution? Think about the overall flow and functionality of the space.
- Plumbing: If you plan to move any fixtures or install new ones, it’s important to consider the existing plumbing. Make sure your new layout is feasible and won’t cause any major issues with water flow or drainage.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is key for any bathroom remodel. Consider incorporating both natural light and artificial lighting sources to create a bright, inviting space. Add dimmer switches to create a relaxing atmosphere for a spa-like experience.
- Maintenance: Choose materials that are durable and easy to clean to avoid constant upkeep. Porcelain or ceramic tile, quartz countertops, and acrylic or fiberglass showers/tubs are all low-maintenance options.
- Budget: Determine your budget before beginning the project and stick to it. Prioritize which aspects of the remodel are most important and allocate funds accordingly.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Somerville
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Somerville
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Somerville
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in SomervillePopular Bathroom Paint ColorsDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookHow To Pick A General Contractor
You Might Also LikeIdeas For A Luxury Modern Master BathroomHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?What Is A Jack And Jill Bathroom?How To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid Streaks