Guide to a traditional kitchen Remodel in Downtown
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Layout: Consider the current layout of your kitchen and if it suits the needs of your household. Determine if adding or removing walls, moving appliances or changing the flow of traffic is necessary.
- Cabinets: Determine if new cabinets are needed or if the existing cabinets can be refinished or repainted. Choose cabinets that suit the style of your home and reflect your personality.
- Countertops: Select a durable and stylish countertop material that complements your cabinets and suits your lifestyle. Consider factors such as durability, maintenance and ease of cleaning.
- Appliances: Choose energy-efficient and high-quality appliances that suit the needs of your household. Consider the size and layout of your kitchen when selecting appliances.
- Lighting: Determine if additional lighting is needed in the kitchen. Consider task lighting for food preparation areas, under-cabinet lighting and ambient lighting for the overall atmosphere of the kitchen.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Downtown
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Downtown
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Downtown
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in DowntownPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?Proper Installation of a Frameless Glass ShowerNew Ideas For Kitchen Cabinets
You Might Also LikeSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkKitchen Paint Colors For Dark CabinetsBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasBrooklynHomecrestBorough ParkSohoSheepshead Bay