Guide to a traditional kitchen Remodel in Dyker Heights
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Layout: Start by determining the layout of your kitchen, taking into account cooking appliances, storage, and traffic flow. Consider the work triangle concept, placing the refrigerator, sink, and stove in a triangular formation for optimal functionality.
- Style: Choose a style that fits your tastes and the overall aesthetic of your home. Traditional kitchens typically feature classic elements such as ornate cabinetry, intricate tile patterns, and natural materials like wood and stone.
- Materials: Select high-quality materials for your cabinets, countertops, flooring, and backsplash. For a traditional kitchen, consider using natural stone or wood for the countertops, and ceramic or glass mosaic tiles for the backsplash.
- Lighting: Proper lighting is crucial in any kitchen, especially in a traditional one where you want to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Install overhead lighting as well as task lighting, such as under-cabinet lighting, to ensure ample illumination in all areas of the kitchen.
- Functionality: Lastly, make sure your kitchen is functional for your lifestyle. Consider factors such as storage options, appliance placement, and countertop space to ensure your new kitchen meets all of your needs.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Dyker Heights
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Dyker Heights
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Dyker Heights
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Dyker HeightsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsModern Vs Contemporary Bathroom Design Difference7 White Shower Tile IdeasHow To Clean Glass Shower Doors And Prevent Scum
You Might Also LikeWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Kitchen Paint Colors For Dark CabinetsTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementCreate A Seamless Kitchen with Flat-Front CabinetsWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen Countertops