Guide to a bathroom Remodel in Chinatown
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A Renovation
- Space limitations: Chinatown, Manhattan is known for its compact living spaces, so it's important to consider the size of the bathroom and maximize its potential while keeping functionality in mind.
- Cultural aesthetic: Chinatown has a unique cultural aesthetic that can be incorporated into the bathroom remodel, such as adding traditional Chinese elements or materials.
- Plumbing: Ensure that the plumbing is up-to-date and meets local building codes, as well as considering the location of pipes and potential need for rerouting.
- Lighting: Since many bathrooms in Chinatown do not have windows, it's important to plan for and incorporate adequate lighting options, such as overhead fixtures or task lighting near the vanity.
- Storage: Due to limited space, it's important to consider creative storage solutions for toiletries, towels, and other bathroom essentials, such as built-in cabinets or shelving.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Chinatown
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Chinatown
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Chinatown
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in ChinatownHow To Install An OvenHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WayKitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets5 Modern Shower Tile IdeasHow to Make the Most of Your Small Space
You Might Also LikeIdeas For A Luxury Modern Master BathroomProper Installation of a Frameless Glass Shower11 Penny Tile Design IdeasDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?