Guide to a modern kitchen Remodel in Morningside Heights
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A modern Renovation
- Functionality - Consider what activities you intend to carry out in your kitchen and how much space you need. Do you intend to have an island for food preparation, a breakfast nook, or a larger sink? Ensure that you have enough storage and counter space to cater to your needs.
- Layout - The layout of your kitchen should be designed to allow for easy movement and access to all essential items. A good layout will also ensure that your kitchen is well-ventilated, well-lit, and safe to use. Review different layouts and choose the one that best suits the shape and size of your kitchen.
- Cabinetry and Storage - Modern kitchens are typically designed with sleek cabinets and storage solutions. Consider installing cabinets that are easy to clean and maintain, and that offer ample storage space. Custom cabinets can be a good option if you have unique needs, and you can choose from a range of materials and finishes to match your design preferences.
- Appliances - When choosing appliances, consider energy-saving options that will help to reduce your energy bills. Modern appliances may also offer advanced functionality, such as programmable settings, self-cleaning, and automatic shut-offs. Choose appliances that match your design and layout preferences, and that are appropriate for the size of your kitchen.
- Lighting - The right lighting can make a big difference in the appearance and functionality of your kitchen. Consider installing multiple types of lighting to create different moods and to provide sufficient illumination for various activities. Pendant lighting, recessed lights, and under-cabinet lighting are popular options for modern kitchens.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Morningside Heights
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Morningside Heights
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Morningside Heights
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Morningside HeightsNew Ideas For Kitchen CabinetsTips on a Wood Floor BathroomKitchen Backsplash Ideas 2023How To Do A Gut Renovation In New York10 Modern Bathroom Designs That Feel Very 2023
You Might Also LikeBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementSimple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasHow To Start A Kitchen Remodel7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without Doors
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasManhattanProspect Lefferts GardensFlatironLittle ItalyHomecrest