The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Space utilization: In small bathrooms, space is at a premium, and it's essential to maximize it. Consider high-quality fixtures and fittings that can save space, such as corner sinks, wall-mounted toilets and cabinets, and floating vanities.
- Lighting: Proper lighting can make your small bathroom feel bigger and brighter. Consider adding a skylight, a window or installing ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting for a fresh, inviting feel.
- Storage: A small bathroom can quickly become cluttered, so plan for adequate storage. Consider vertical storage options like open shelves, vertical cabinets, or built-in niches. A medicine cabinet can also be an excellent way to store toiletries and other frequently used items.
- Color scheme: A light and bright color scheme will make a small bathroom feel airy and spacious. Use light colors on walls, tiles, and cabinetry to create an open, fresh feeling. You can also add a pop of color with accessories or tiles for contrast.
- Functionality and ease of maintenance: Choose materials that are durable, easy to maintain, and resistant to mold and mildew. Installing easy to clean surfaces like tiles, washing walls, and installing a quality bathroom fan will improve functionality and reduce long-term maintenance costs.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Hamilton Heights
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Hamilton Heights
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Hamilton Heights
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Hamilton HeightsSimple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasA Moody Monochrome Bathroom In Jersey CitySmall House Mini Kitchen DesignMaster Bathroom Doorless Walk In Shower IdeasWhat Is A Jack And Jill Bathroom?
You Might Also LikeWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?How To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right Way11 Penny Tile Design IdeasBest Bathroom Paint FinishesTips on a Wood Floor Bathroom