Guide to a small kitchen Remodel in Chinatown
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Maximize storage: In a small kitchen remodel in Chinatown, Manhattan, it is important to maximize the use of available storage space by installing shelves, cabinets, and drawers. Consider utilizing vertical space with overhead cabinets, and wall-mounted shelving to keep the counters and floor free of clutter.
- Use space-saving appliances: Opt for smaller appliances that would take up less space in the kitchen, yet offer the functionality you need. Consider compact dishwashers, mini fridges and slim-line ovens to free up space for more storage and working area.
- Choose the right color scheme: Light colors make a small space appear larger, so consider using white or light-colored cabinets and countertops. Contrast this with brighter backsplashes or accent walls to add depth and interest.
- Lighting: Lighting plays a critical role in a small kitchen. Consider installing under-cabinet lighting, track lighting, or pendant lights to create ambient light, task lighting, and general lighting, respectively.
- Make it functional: When doing a small kitchen remodel in Chinatown, Manhattan, functionality should be the primary consideration. Include practical storage solutions, easy-to-maintain surfaces, and good workflow with attention to detail. Consider one-wall kitchen layouts or Galley-style kitchens to maximize space and efficiency.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Chinatown
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Chinatown
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Chinatown
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in ChinatownBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen Walls7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Tech Tools For Your Bathroom RemodelMaster Bathroom Doorless Walk In Shower Ideas
You Might Also LikeHow To Clean Glass Shower Doors And Prevent ScumWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?Kitchen Backsplash Ideas 2023What to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsSmall House Mini Kitchen Design
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasManhattanBrighton BeachHunters PointMidtown SouthGreenwich Village