Guide to a small kitchen Remodel in Manhattan
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Budget, budget, budget. Manhattan is one of the most expensive cities in the world, so it's crucial to set a realistic budget for your kitchen remodel. Consider every aspect of the remodel, from materials to labor costs, and plan accordingly.
- Maximize storage. With limited space in a small Manhattan kitchen, it's important to make the most of every inch. Consider installing tall cabinets or utilizing wall space with open shelving. You may also want to consider incorporating hidden storage solutions, such as pull-out drawers or a built-in pantry.
- Choose high-quality materials. The kitchen is one of the most heavily used areas of your home, so it's essential to choose durable, long-lasting materials. Opt for materials such as granite or quartz countertops, solid wood cabinetry, and stainless steel appliances.
- Lighting is key. Good lighting can make a small kitchen feel brighter and more spacious. Consider installing under-cabinet lighting or a pendant light over your kitchen island to add both functional and aesthetic appeal.
- Consider the layout. Think about the flow of your kitchen and how you will use the space. Consider opening up the kitchen to the rest of your home or rearranging the layout to make the space more functional. Don't be afraid to consult with a professional to help you design the perfect layout for your small Manhattan kitchen.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Manhattan
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Manhattan
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Manhattan
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in ManhattanIdeas For A Luxury Modern Master BathroomSmall Modern Bathroom Remodel IdeasProper Installation of a Frameless Glass Shower7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsTech Tools For Your Bathroom Remodel
You Might Also LikeHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New York7 Modern Backsplash IdeasWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?Kitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets