Guide to a contemporary kitchen Remodel in Hillcrest
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A contemporary Renovation
- Layout and Design: Modern kitchen design should be focused on functionality and efficiency. Consider the best layout for your space and the appliances that you need. You can work with a professional kitchen designer to create a plan that fits your Hillcrest, Queens home.
- Color Scheme: Contemporary kitchens typically feature a neutral color palette, often with a pop of color. Consider colors that will create a clean, fresh and welcoming feel in your kitchen. Mix up textures and finishes to add depth to the design.
- Cabinetry: Sleek and simple cabinets are the norm in contemporary kitchens. Consider using cabinets with a high-gloss finish and integrated handles, for a streamlined look. Tall cabinets that reach the ceiling can also be useful for storage and can create a sense of height in your kitchen.
- Lighting: Good lighting transforms any room, and the kitchen is no exception. Consider using a combination of ceiling fixtures and task lighting to create a warm, inviting ambiance. Pendant lighting over an island or a dining table can be an effective way to add style and functionality.
- Appliances: Stainless steel is a popular material for modern kitchens, but you can also consider integrated appliances that blend in with your cabinetry. Kitchen appliances should be energy-efficient, durable, and easy to clean. Pull-out refrigerators and freezers, induction cooktops, and convection ovens are some examples of modern appliances to consider.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Hillcrest
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Hillcrest
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Hillcrest
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in HillcrestHow To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid StreaksTips on a Wood Floor BathroomWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementExplore Contemporary Bathroom DesignHow To Tile A Bathroom Floor
You Might Also Like8 Kitchen Island Ideas With A SinkSmall House Mini Kitchen Design7 Modern Backsplash Ideas7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensMalbaBaysideCollege PointBeechhurst