Guide to a contemporary kitchen Remodel in Long Island City
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A contemporary Renovation
- Layout: The kitchen layout should be practical, functional and designed to maximize space, whether it's a small or large kitchen. Consider common kitchen layouts like L-shaped, U-shaped, galley or island designs, and how they can be configured to suit your needs and lifestyle.
- Materials: Contemporary kitchens are characterized by clean lines, flat panel cabinetry, and modern materials like stainless steel, glass, natural stone, and wood. Choose durable, high-quality materials that will stand the test of time and complement your personal style.
- Lighting: Proper lighting in a kitchen is essential for both ambiance and functionality. Consider different types of lighting, such as task lighting, ambient lighting, and accent lighting, and how they can be incorporated into the space to create a well-lit and visually appealing kitchen.
- Appliances: Modern appliances can add style and functionality to your kitchen. Consider stainless steel or black stainless steel finishes, energy-efficient options, and features like smart technology, touchscreens, and built-in coffee makers. Make sure to choose appliances that fit seamlessly into your kitchen design.
- Storage: Adequate storage is crucial for any kitchen. Consider efficient storage solutions like pull-out pantry cabinets, deep drawers, and corner cabinets that maximize space. Custom cabinetry and kitchen islands with integrated storage can also provide extra storage options.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Long Island City
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Long Island City
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Long Island City
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Long Island CityBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsHow To Find A Good General Contractor7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without Doors7 Modern Backsplash IdeasNew Ideas For Kitchen Cabinets
You Might Also LikeHow To Clean Glass Shower Doors And Prevent ScumHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?What to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsHow To Start A Kitchen RemodelWhere To Stay During Your Remodel
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensFlatlandsUpper East SideClaremont VillageCarroll Gardens