The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Preserve the original character of the home - Consider incorporating design elements that reflect the farmhouse style and features of Forest Hills Gardens architecture.
- Optimize storage and organization - Farmhouse kitchens often feature ample storage and shelving. Consider adding custom cabinetry with open shelving and utilizing the space above cabinets for storing items such as pots and pans.
- Modernize appliances and fixtures - While keeping the character of the home, add updated appliances and fixtures that make the kitchen more functional and efficient.
- Maximize natural light - Consider adding skylights, larger windows, or removing walls to increase natural light in the kitchen.
- Choose durable materials - Given the high-traffic nature of a kitchen, choose materials that can withstand the test of time such as hardwood floors, stone countertops, and ceramic tile backsplashes.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Forest Hills Gardens
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Forest Hills Gardens
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Forest Hills Gardens
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Forest Hills GardensWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookHow to Make the Most of Your Small SpaceBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsBest Bathroom Paint Finishes
You Might Also Like7 Modern Backsplash Ideas7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without Doors8 Kitchen Island Ideas With A SinkWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Do I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?