Guide to a farmhouse kitchen Remodel in Oakland Gardens
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Layout: Consider the layout of your farmhouse kitchen to make it more functional and practical. You may want to add an island for extra storage and workspace or rearrange your appliances for a better flow in your cooking area.
- Materials: Since farmhouse kitchens are all about rustic charm, you may want to use natural materials such as wood, stone, or brick. You can use reclaimed wood for your cabinets and add a stone backsplash to give a warm and inviting vibe to your kitchen.
- Lighting: Choose lighting that enhances the style and functionality of your farmhouse kitchen. Pendant lights above the island, rustic chandeliers, and under-cabinet lighting can all add warmth and coziness to your space while providing adequate task lighting.
- Color Scheme: A farmhouse kitchen usually has a neutral color palette with pops of color or subtle patterns to add texture and depth. Consider using shades of white, beige, cream, or gray for your cabinets, walls, and countertops. You can then add pops of color with your accessories, such as your kitchen towels, dishes, or plants.
- Storage: A farmhouse kitchen requires a lot of storage for all your cooking and baking essentials. You may want to install open shelves to display your dishes and glasses or add a pantry to store your dry goods and kitchen appliances. You can also consider using a vintage hutch or a repurposed dresser to add character and storage to your kitchen.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Oakland Gardens
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Oakland Gardens
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Oakland Gardens
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Oakland GardensAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookNew Ideas For Kitchen CabinetsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Small House Mini Kitchen Design
You Might Also LikeIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsHow To Start A Kitchen RemodelBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensHolliswoodArverneBeechhurstEdgewater Park