The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Layout & Functionality: Consider the functionality and layout of your new kitchen. Create a kitchen triangle that includes an efficient flow between the sink, stove, and refrigerator. Choose cabinets that provide ample space for storage and easy access to pots, pans, and utensils.
- Style & Aesthetics: Farmhouse kitchens are known for their rustic charm, vintage elements, and classic design. Consider incorporating design elements such as wood or stone countertops, farmhouse sink, open shelving, and shaker-style cabinets.
- Appliances & Fixtures: Upgrading appliances and fixtures is essential in any kitchen remodel. Choose energy-efficient appliances that can help you save on monthly utility bills. Choose fixtures that complement the farmhouse style, such as black matte finishes or polished nickel.
- Lighting & Electrical: Ensure that your farmhouse kitchen is well-lit with a combination of natural and artificial lighting. Consider pendant lighting over the kitchen island, under-cabinet lighting, and recessed lighting. Make sure that your electrical work meets local code requirements.
- Budget & Timeline: Finally, set a realistic budget and timeline for your farmhouse kitchen remodel. Consider consulting with a professional contractor to help you plan and execute your project within your budget and timeline expectations.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Queens Village
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Queens Village
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Queens Village
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Queens VillageHow To Start A Kitchen RemodelSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignMost Common Bathroom Remodel ProblemsKitchen Backsplash Ideas 2023Kitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets
You Might Also LikeFlat Panel Kitchen Cabinets Style IdeasBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsNew Ideas For Kitchen Cabinets7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsDesign Build Firms Vs General Contractors