Guide to a modern kitchen Remodel in St. Albans
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A modern Renovation
- Layout: Before beginning your kitchen remodel, consider the layout and flow. Determine a focal point for the kitchen, and make sure the design accommodates the needs for preparing meals, cooking, dining, and entertaining.
- Cabinetry: Cabinets are an essential element of any kitchen remodel. Consider the best placement for the cabinetry, and choose a style and color that complements the overall design of the kitchen. Opt for cabinets that have ample storage space and soft-close drawers and doors.
- Countertops: Select a countertop that works with your style, budget, and use. Granite and quartz are popular, durable options, while marble and concrete provide a more unique look. Each option has its pros and cons, so consider the maintenance required for each material.
- Lighting: A well-lit kitchen is essential for safety and functionality. Allow natural light to enter the space and supplement with artificial light sources, such as overhead or under-cabinet lights. Consider energy-efficient options like LED bulbs to save on electricity costs.
- Appliances: Finally, consider the appliances you want to incorporate into your kitchen. Stainless steel provides a modern, sleek look, while custom paneled appliances hide them behind seamless cabinetry. Choose appliances that fit your lifestyle and budget, and that will perform the necessary functions for your kitchen needs.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near St. Albans
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near St. Albans
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in St. Albans
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in St. AlbansHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WaySimple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasIdeas For A Luxury Modern Master Bathroom8 Kitchen Island Ideas With A Sink5 Modern Shower Tile Ideas
You Might Also LikeHow To Start A Kitchen Remodel8 Kitchens Featuring A Fridge That Looks Like It's CabinetsWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?What To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementHow To Pick A General Contractor
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensRichmond HillGlen OaksBriarwoodDouglaston