Guide to a small bathroom Remodel in South Jamaica
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Space: In a small bathroom, every inch counts. Consider maximizing the space by installing wall-mounted shelves or storage cabinets to free up floor space. Use space-saving fixtures such as a corner sink or a compact toilet.
- Lighting: Lighting is crucial in a small bathroom as it can make the space appear larger and brighter. Consider installing recessed lighting or sconces that can be operated with a dimmer switch. Mirrors can also help in reflecting light and making the space appear bigger.
- Color: Opt for light colors such as white or pastel shades that can make the bathroom appear larger. Darker colors can make the area appear smaller and cramped. Use tiles or wallpaper with light patterns to add interest and dimension to the bathroom.
- Functionality: In a small bathroom, functionality is key. Consider installing a shower-tub combo instead of separate units to save space, or a pedestal sink that takes up less space than a vanity. Adding storage options such as built-in niches or shower caddies can also be useful.
- Budget: It is important to set a budget for the remodel and stick to it. Consider prioritizing the most important upgrades such as new fixtures or a fresh coat of paint, and leave less important upgrades for later. Cost-saving options such as repainting old tiles or refinishing a bathtub can also be considered.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near South Jamaica
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near South Jamaica
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in South Jamaica
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in South JamaicaHow To Tile A Bathroom FloorHow To Clean Your Tiles After A RenovationHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WayTips on a Wood Floor BathroomWhat Is A Jack And Jill Bathroom?
You Might Also LikeHow To Pick A General ContractorHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Most Common Bathroom Remodel Problems5 Modern Shower Tile Ideas
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensPomonokBriarwoodBroad ChannelHillcrest