Guide to a traditional bathroom Remodel in Old Town
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Consider the overall aesthetic of the neighborhood and the style of your home. If you live in a historic home in Old Town, Staten Island, you may want to consider incorporating traditional elements such as clawfoot tubs and pedestal sinks into your bathroom remodel.
- Think about storage solutions. Traditional bathrooms often have built-in cabinets and shelving for towels and bathroom supplies. Consider incorporating custom cabinetry or a vintage armoire into your bathroom for added storage.
- Choose classic materials. When selecting materials such as tile, flooring, and countertops, opt for timeless options such as marble or subway tile. These materials have been used in traditional bathrooms for decades and will give your remodel a timeless feel.
- Don't forget about lighting. Traditional bathrooms often feature antique-inspired lighting fixtures such as chandeliers or sconces. Consider incorporating these types of fixtures to add an extra touch of sophistication to your remodel.
- Consider the layout of your bathroom. Traditional bathrooms often have a separate tub and shower, as well as a designated area for the toilet. Think about how you can reconfigure the layout of your bathroom to create a more traditional feel.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Old Town
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Old Town
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Old Town
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Old TownCreate A Seamless Kitchen with Flat-Front CabinetsPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?A Moody Monochrome Bathroom In Jersey CityMaster Bathroom Doorless Walk In Shower Ideas
You Might Also LikeHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkWhere To Stay During Your RemodelTips on a Wood Floor Bathroom5 Modern Shower Tile IdeasDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?