The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Layout: Consider the size and shape of the kitchen, the location of key features like cabinets, appliances, and countertops, and the flow of traffic throughout the space.
- Functionality: Think about how you use your kitchen and what features and appliances you need to make it work best for you. Consider including features like an island, a built-in pantry, or a second sink.
- Aesthetics: Choose materials, colors, and finishes that fit your personal style and complement the overall design of your home. Consider popular options like granite or quartz countertops, custom cabinetry, or hardwood flooring.
- Lighting: Make sure your kitchen is well-lit with a mix of natural and artificial lighting sources. Consider adding under-cabinet lighting, pendant lights over the island, or recessed lighting throughout the space.
- Budget: Set a realistic budget for your remodel and work with a professional contractor who can help you stay within it. Identify areas where you may be able to save money, such as by opting for less expensive finishes or appliances, and splurge on features that are most important to you.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Great Kills
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Great Kills
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Great Kills
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Great KillsHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WayHow To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid StreaksCreate A Seamless Kitchen with Flat-Front Cabinets10 Modern Bathroom Designs That Feel Very 20237 White Shower Tile Ideas
You Might Also LikeDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Incorporate Freestanding Kitchen Cabinets7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsNew Ideas For Kitchen Cabinets