Guide to a traditional kitchen Remodel in Old Town
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Style: Consider the overall style you want for your kitchen. Do you want a traditional or modern design? Traditional kitchens usually have more ornate detailing and warm colors.
- Layout: The kitchen's layout should be functional and practical. Consider the work triangle (the path from the refrigerator to the stove to the sink) and the location of the island, if applicable.
- Cabinetry: Cabinets are a significant element of traditional kitchens. Choose styles that are classic and have raised panels, glass doors, or ornate detailing. You can also choose custom cabinets for a unique look.
- Countertops: Popular materials for countertops in traditional kitchens include granite, marble, and wood. Choose a material that complements your cabinet and flooring choices.
- Lighting: Lighting sets the mood and tone for the kitchen. Consider adding pendant lights or chandeliers above the island or dining table. Under-cabinet lighting can also add ambiance and functionality.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Old Town
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Old Town
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Old Town
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Old TownHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WayIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementTech Tools For Your Bathroom RemodelHow To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid Streaks
You Might Also LikeDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Design Build Firms Vs General Contractors8 Kitchens Featuring A Fridge That Looks Like It's CabinetsNew Ideas For Kitchen CabinetsHow To Find A Good General Contractor
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasStaten IslandNew SpringvillePort RichmondElm ParkManor Heights