Guide to a contemporary kitchen Remodel in City Island
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A contemporary Renovation
- Layout: When remodeling a contemporary kitchen, keep in mind the functionality and flow of the space. Consider the work triangle of the sink, stove, and refrigerator, and make sure the layout supports efficient movement within the kitchen.
- Cabinetry: Contemporary kitchen design tends to favor sleek and simple cabinetry. Choose cabinets with clean lines, minimal hardware, and a modern finish to give the space a cohesive look. Don't forget to consider storage needs and organization options.
- Countertops: Quartz and marble are popular choices for contemporary kitchen countertops. They both offer durability and low maintenance, as well as a modern look. Consider the color and pattern of the countertop to ensure it complements the overall design of the kitchen.
- Lighting: Proper lighting is crucial in any kitchen, but especially in a contemporary one. Choose fixtures that align with the style of the kitchen, such as minimalistic pendant lights or under-cabinet LED strips. Make sure to layer the lighting to provide ample task lighting and ambiance.
- Appliances: Stainless steel appliances are a common choice in contemporary kitchens. Opt for appliances with clean lines and modern features such as smart technology, touch controls or voice commands. Consider energy efficiency and the overall aesthetic of the appliance within the kitchen design.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near City Island
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near City Island
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in City Island
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in City IslandExplore Contemporary Bathroom Design7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsHow To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid StreaksHow To Pick A General ContractorHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?
You Might Also LikeHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Do I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Where To Stay During Your Remodel
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasThe BronxForest HillsRochdaleMurray HillBaychester