The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Measure the space carefully to determine the appropriate fixtures and layout. The size of the space will affect the toilet, vanity, and shower dimensions, so ensure you have accurate measurements.
- Think about storage options. A small bathroom means storage space is limited, so consider installing shelving, medicine cabinets, or a vanity with drawers to maximize the space.
- Select fixtures and finishes that enhance the space. Brighter colors, mirrors, and light fixtures can make the room appear larger. Subtle tile patterns can also create an illusion of depth in the room.
- Consider the plumbing and electrical needs before beginning any demolition. Make sure your plumbing is up to code and that the electrical system can handle any extra lighting, outlets, or hardware you add.
- Get a professional opinion when necessary. Sometimes, a small bathroom remodel can become a more significant project due to underlying structural or plumbing issues. Consult with a professional if you are unsure of any aspect of the project.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Fordham
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Fordham
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Fordham
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Fordham5 Modern Shower Tile Ideas11 Penny Tile Design IdeasWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?How To Find A Good General ContractorIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen Cabinets
You Might Also LikePopular Bathroom Paint ColorsTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementMaster Bathroom Doorless Walk In Shower IdeasHow To Clean A Bathroom Mirror To Avoid StreaksWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?