Guide to a small kitchen Remodel in South Side
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Space utilization: the biggest challenge in a small kitchen is optimizing every inch of the available space. Therefore, it is important to consider adding a few functional storage spaces such as open shelves, racks, hooks or cabinets with ample space.
- Aesthetic appeal: besides functionality, the kitchen should be visually appealing, and for that, it may require repainting walls, replacing countertops, and upgrading cabinet doors. Statement floor tiles or a bold backsplash can also add character to your small kitchen.
- Lighting: lighting can transform the ambience of the kitchen, and for a small kitchen, it is essential to have adequate natural and artificial lighting. Consider adding task lighting above the sink, under-cabinet lighting, and recessed lighting in the ceiling.
- Appliances: the kitchen's size will dictate the size and number of appliances that can fit, and it is prudent to select energy-efficient appliances that do not occupy too much space. You also need to consider the location of the appliances to make sure they are easily accessible and do not interfere with the layout.
- Budget: finally, you need to consider your budget, and it's advisable to allocate about 10-15% of your home's value to a kitchen remodel. You can cut costs by choosing cost-effective materials, refacing cabinets or selecting appliances that are on sale.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near South Side
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near South Side
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in South Side
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in South SideWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?7 Modern Backsplash IdeasTips on a Wood Floor BathroomTech Tools For Your Bathroom RemodelHow To Tile A Bathroom Floor
You Might Also LikeDesign Build Firms Vs General Contractors7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookKitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasBrooklynDyker HeightsLower East SideInwoodProspect Heights