Guide to a large kitchen Remodel in Carnegie Hill
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A large Renovation
- Layout and Design: Review your current kitchen layout and consider what areas need improvement. Think about the functionality of the space, determining if you need additional counter space, storage, or if you want to add an island. Plan the flow of the space to ensure that it will work well for your family and your lifestyle.
- Budget: Determine how much money you can spend on your remodel. Kitchen remodels can be costly, so it's important to set a realistic budget and stick to it. Be sure to factor in the cost of materials, labor, and any unforeseen expenses that may arise during the project.
- Materials: Choose materials that fit your budget and complement the overall design of your home. High-quality materials such as marble, granite, and quartz are durable and stylish. Consider the durability, maintenance, and ease of cleaning of the materials you choose.
- Lighting and Appliances: Adequate lighting is essential in any kitchen. Consider the placement of lights and install task lighting in areas where you will be doing work. Select appliances that fit your lifestyle and budget. Think about how much you cook and what type of cooking you do. You may want to consider energy-efficient appliances as well.
- Hiring a Contractor: When hiring a contractor, review their experience, licensure, and references. Ensure that they have a solid reputation and can meet your budget and timeline. Be sure to have a written contract that outlines all details of the project.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Carnegie Hill
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Carnegie Hill
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Carnegie Hill
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Carnegie HillNew Ideas For Kitchen CabinetsMost Common Bathroom Remodel ProblemsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen Walls
You Might Also LikeWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without DoorsSimple Pantry Wall Cabinet Ideas