Guide to a small kitchen Remodel in Oakland Gardens
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Maximizing every inch of space - In a small kitchen, it's important to maximize every inch of space available. This can be achieved by installing custom cabinets that reach the ceiling, adding extra shelves to the pantry, and choosing compact appliances that fit seamlessly into the design.
- Choosing the right color scheme - Dark colors tend to make small spaces feel even smaller. Opt for lighter shades of paint, cabinetry, and countertops to make the room feel more open and bright.
- Creating a functional layout - The kitchen layout should be designed in a way that makes it easy to move around and work efficiently. Consider creating a work triangle between the sink, fridge, and stove for easy access to each area.
- Adding storage solutions - When working with a small kitchen, storage is key. Consider adding a pull-out pantry, a tilt-out sink tray, or a drop-down spice rack to maximize your storage potential.
- Incorporating lighting - Good lighting can make a small kitchen feel much larger. Consider adding under-cabinet lighting, pendant lights above the sink, or a skylight to introduce natural light into the space.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Oakland Gardens
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Oakland Gardens
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Oakland Gardens
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in Oakland Gardens11 Penny Tile Design IdeasIdeas For A Luxury Modern Master BathroomWho To Hire For A Bathroom RemodelA Moody Monochrome Bathroom In Jersey City7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without Doors
You Might Also LikeBest Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?What To Look For in a General Contractor Agreement
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensQueens VillageFar RockawayHillcrestRosedale