The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A small Renovation
- Space: Consider the amount of space available and plan the remodel accordingly. Maximizing storage space with creative solutions such as pull-out cabinets and open shelving can help make the most out of the limited space.
- Functionality: The kitchen should be designed in a way that makes it easy to move around and work efficiently. Prioritize appliances and workstations according to frequency of use, and make sure there is adequate counter space for meal preparation.
- Lighting: Good lighting is essential to make a small kitchen feel brighter and more spacious. Consider installing under-cabinet lighting or light fixtures that can brighten up the space and highlight key areas, such as the sink and stove top.
- Color Scheme: Choosing a light and bright color scheme can go a long way in making a small kitchen feel more open and airy. Neutral colors like white or beige can make the space feel less cluttered, while using pops of color in accessories or backsplash can add interest and personality.
- Budget: Renovating a kitchen can quickly add up in cost, so it's important to establish a budget and stick to it. Consider which areas are worth investing in, such as high-quality appliances or durable countertops, and find areas where you can save money, such as using affordable materials for backsplash or cabinetry.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Travis
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Travis
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Travis
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in TravisSimple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignTips on a Wood Floor BathroomPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsWhat Is A Jack And Jill Bathroom?
You Might Also LikeWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsCreate A Seamless Kitchen with Flat-Front CabinetsTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementWhere To Stay During Your RemodelHow To Find A Good General Contractor