Guide to a farmhouse kitchen Remodel in Somerville
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Design style: Determine the type of farmhouse aesthetic you want to achieve in your kitchen - modern, rustic or traditional. This will guide your choice of materials, finishes and accessories.
- Layout and functionality: While retaining the charm of a farmhouse kitchen, you should consider modern design principles that prioritize functionality, ease of movement and optimal use of space. Think about where you want your appliances, storage and work surfaces to be located.
- Lighting: Maximizing natural light in your kitchen is key to creating a warm and inviting space. You may need to add windows, skylights or light tubes, and supplement with task and ambient lighting to achieve the desired effect.
- Materials and finishes: The materials you use for your farmhouse kitchen remodel should reflect the rustic charm of a classic farmhouse kitchen. Wood, stone, brick, metal, and ceramics are popular choices. Consider brushed metal finishes or matte finishes for your appliances to add texture while maintaining a classic look.
- Color scheme: Creating a color palette that complements your farmhouse kitchen design style is essential. Neutral shades, earthy hues and natural wood finishes work well to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Consider painting cabinets and walls a complementary color that adds depth and texture to the design.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Somerville
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Somerville
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Somerville
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in SomervilleHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?Flat Panel Kitchen Cabinets Style IdeasSmall House Mini Kitchen Design8 Kitchens Featuring A Fridge That Looks Like It's CabinetsKitchen Paint Colors For Dark Cabinets
You Might Also LikeHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkWhere To Stay During Your RemodelDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?How To Pick A General ContractorIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen Cabinets
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasBrooklynWindsor TerraceManhattan TerraceHigh BridgeManhattan Beach