Guide to a farmhouse kitchen Remodel in Laurelton
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Layout: Consider how you want to use the space and the flow of the room. You may want to add an island, change the location of appliances, or open up the kitchen to an adjacent room.
- Materials: For a farmhouse look, consider using wood elements, such as a wood-beamed ceiling, shiplap walls, a farmhouse sink, and wood flooring. You may also want to incorporate vintage or antique pieces, such as a salvaged wood table or antique hardware.
- Color scheme: Choose a neutral color for the walls and cabinets, such as white or cream, and add pops of color with accessories, like a colorful rug or vintage signage. Consider using a chalk paint finish for a more rustic look.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is important in any kitchen, but especially in a farmhouse style. Consider adding pendant lights over the island, a chandelier over the dining table, and under-cabinet lighting for task lighting.
- Storage: Farmhouse kitchens typically have open shelving or glass-front cabinets to showcase dishes and accessories. Consider incorporating built-in pantry cabinets with barn doors or a vintage hutch for storage.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Laurelton
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Laurelton
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Laurelton
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in LaureltonDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?What is a Modern Kitchen Design?How To Clean Your Tiles After A RenovationHow to Make the Most of Your Small SpaceWhat To Look For in a General Contractor Agreement
You Might Also LikeWhat Is Chapter 33 Of The New York City Construction Code?Best Paint Colors For Your Kitchen WallsHow To Do A Gut Renovation In New YorkIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen Cabinets7 Examples of Kitchen Cabinets Without Doors
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasQueensSouth JamaicaSpringfield GardensBellaireSouth Ozone Park