The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Consider the farmhouse style: To create a true farmhouse kitchen, you should use materials, finishes and decor that are typical of the style. This can include incorporating natural wood elements, rustic finishes, and vintage or antique inspired elements.
- Think about the layout: When remodeling your kitchen, it's important to consider the space you have and how you can create a functional layout that works for your needs. For example, you may want to consider an open-plan design that allows for easy flow between the kitchen, dining and living areas.
- Choose the right cabinets: Cabinets are an essential part of any kitchen remodel, and choosing the right ones is particularly important for a farmhouse kitchen. Consider choosing cabinets made from natural wood with an antique or distressed finish, or opt for open shelving to showcase your farmhouse-style dishware and decor.
- Don't forget about lighting: Proper lighting is key to creating a warm and inviting farmhouse kitchen. Consider installing statement fixtures such as chandeliers or pendant lights, along with task lighting under cabinets and over workspaces.
- Add some farmhouse charm: Finally, don't be afraid to add some unique touches that reflect your personal style and add a touch of farmhouse charm to your space. This could be anything from vintage-inspired signs, to a decorative barn door, or even a farmhouse-inspired backsplash.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Woodlawn
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Woodlawn
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Woodlawn
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in WoodlawnPopular Bathroom Paint ColorsHow To Tile A Bathroom FloorMost Common Bathroom Remodel ProblemsHow To Clean Bathroom Tiles The Right WayKitchen Backsplash Ideas 2023
You Might Also LikeTry this Simple General Contractor AgreementAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementHow To Start A Kitchen RemodelWhere To Stay During Your Remodel