3D Bathroom Design Tool
The 3D Design Tool is a powerful creative tool for designing and visualizing your dream bathroom. Combine materials, fixtures, and finishes to see your space come to life before ever breaking ground.
Try out new ideas with just a tap
A curated catalog of materials and finishes
Start from a templateSee All Existing Designs
Start designing today
Bring your ideas to life by designing a space tailored to you.Start Designing My Space
The Ultimate Guide to Using the Block 3D Design Tool
Our free 3D Design Tool is an innovative tool that allows homeowners to visualize their material combinations and selections. With the Design Tool, you can experiment with different layouts, fixtures, and finishes, simplifying the process of making informed decisions about your design. You'll be able to get a clear sense of how your new bathroom will look, which can save you time, money, and headaches down the line. Plus, using our tool can also help you get a faster estimate when chatting with an experienced Block Project Planner.
What is it?
The Block 3D Design Tool is a digital tool that allows you to visualize different design options on a 3D model. With it, you can make changes to your bathroom's design, fixtures, and more— all in a virtual environment.
How Does it Work?
To use the 3D Design Tool, start by either selecting a pre-designed look or creating a new design on your own. From there, you can customize your space by swapping out fixtures like toilets and vanities, and changing the color scheme. The tool will generate a 3D model of your design in real time, letting you view your changes from a variety of angles and perspectives.
Benefits of Using the 3D Design Tool
The 3D Design Tool empowers homeowners to take control of their renovation at every turn.
- Visualize your ideas: See how different design choices and material combinations will look next to each other in context.
- Save time and money: By planning out your design in advance, you can avoid costly mistakes and changes during the actual renovation process.
- Get an estimate faster: Establishing a sense of your design preferences early on equips our experts with a better understanding of your needs. This makes it easier for them to provide you with an accurate estimate and get you started on your renovation journey faster.
Tips for Using The 3D Design Tool
To get the most out of the 3D Design Tool, consider these tips:
- Consider Your Needs: When planning your bathroom renovation, consider your needs and preferences. Do you need more storage space? Do you want a separate shower and bathtub? Do you need a double sink? Make a list of all the features you want in your bathroom and prioritize them.
- Choose Your Style: Your bathroom should reflect your personal style and taste. Choose a style that complements the rest of your home and reflects your personality— whether that’s more traditional, classic, or contemporary.
- See Your Space From Every Angle: We have features like zoom and rotate that allow you to view your design from a range of perspectives. Experiment with these features to get a better sense of how your design will look in real life.
- Get Feedback: Share your design with friends and family to get their feedback and suggestions using a shareable link in the top right hand corner.
Selecting Your Design
When designing your bathroom, you have the option to start from scratch or by modifying an existing look created by our design team. Regardless of which method you choose, here are some tips to help you achieve the perfect palette for your bathroom renovation:
Consider the Size of Your Bathroom
First and foremost, consider the size and layout of the space. If your bathroom is on the smaller side, for example, you’ll want to make it feel bigger and more open. On the other hand, if you’re working with a larger space, you’ll want to keep things from feeling too vacant or sterile.
Choose a Color Scheme
Once you have a sense of the space you’re working with, think about the colors you want to incorporate into the design in order to achieve your desired atmosphere. Some popular color schemes for bathrooms include:
- Neutral: Whites, grays, and beiges, are a classic and timeless choice that can work well with a variety of styles. They’ll give your space an airier, more breathable feel.
- Consider design options like: Dune, Joshua Tree, Palm Sands
- Bold: If you want to make a statement with your bathroom, consider choosing something bold like navy, emerald green, or deep plum. Keep in mind that bold colors can be overwhelming in large amounts, so consider incorporating them via smaller accents or features. This is great for a more whimsical, chic space.
- Pastel: Soft pastel colors such as blush pink or sky blue can give your bathroom a calming and relaxing feel. They work especially well in smaller bathrooms or spaces with limited natural light, adding a level of warmth to everything.
Choose A Style & Aesthetic
Once you have chosen a color scheme, it's time to select a style for your bathroom. The 3D Design Tool conveniently offers a number of fully customizable base designs so you don't have to start from scratch. These designs range from modern, contemporary looks to more traditional, classic styles. Here are some popular aesthetics to consider:
- Contemporary: A contemporary bathroom design is characterized by sleek lines, minimalist features, and a focus on function – minimalistic design is also expected to be popular in 2023. This look is perfect for those who prefer a modern, clean aesthetic. Think wall-mounted faucets, frameless glass shower doors, and floating vanities.
- Traditional: If you're looking for a timeless, elegant design, a traditional bathroom may be the right choice for you. This look features ornate details, rich colors, and classic materials like marble and porcelain. Pedestal sinks, luxurious tubs, and brass fixtures are all common elements of a traditional bathroom design.
- Transitional: For those who want a balance between contemporary and traditional, a transitional bathroom design may be the perfect fit. This look incorporates elements from both styles— think clean lines and neutral colors paired with ornate flourishes and classic materials (subway tile, chrome fixtures, etc.).
Experiment and Play Around
Remember, designing your dream bathroom is all about experimentation. The 3D Design Tool allows you to easily swap out different colors, materials, and looks until you find the perfect combination for your space. So don't be afraid to try something new and have fun with the process!
Design Done Easy
The Block 3D Design Tool empowers you with an easy-to-navigate, architect-grade tool that you can use to bring your vision to life. It’s just one part of the Block Design System— which includes everything from professional designers to curated materials— dedicated to reducing the stress and uncertainty of the renovation process. To learn more about how we can take your space from render to reality, reach out and chat with our team. Discover what can happen when renovation meets innovation.