The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A traditional Renovation
- Layout: Before starting the remodeling process, it is essential to consider the kitchen's layout. Identify the locations of major appliances, the placement of the work triangle, and the countertop space. A well-planned layout makes cooking more efficient and convenient.
- Cabinetry: Cabinetry is the most prominent feature of a kitchen remodel. Choose cabinets that complement the kitchen's aesthetic and provide ample storage space. Take measurements of the cabinets as they should fit perfectly into the kitchen and provide adequate storage for utensils and other accessories.
- Countertops: Countertops should be both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Granite or marble countertops are popular choices because of their durability and beauty. Keep in mind that countertops should contrast or complement the color of the cabinets.
- Lighting: Good lighting in a kitchen is essential for both functionality and ambiance. Consider adding recessed lighting, pendant lighting or under-cabinet lighting to illuminate the work areas clearly. This will help to make the kitchen more productive and easier to work in.
- Appliances: Upgrading appliances during a kitchen remodel can make cooking more efficient and pleasurable. Look for energy-efficient models that fit the kitchen's style and size. The appliances must be of superior quality, durability, and fit correctly in the kitchen space.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Charleston
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Charleston
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Charleston
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in CharlestonSmall House Mini Kitchen DesignHow To Install An OvenWhat is a Modern Kitchen Design?Modern Vs Contemporary Bathroom Design DifferenceExplore Contemporary Bathroom Design
You Might Also LikeFlat Panel Kitchen Cabinets Style IdeasWhat to Consider When Installing Kitchen CountertopsDo I Need An Architect to Draw Plans?Simple Pantry Wall Cabinet IdeasHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?