Guide to a farmhouse kitchen Remodel in Downtown
The Top 5 Things to Consider When Doing A farmhouse Renovation
- Preserve the character: Farmhouse kitchens are known for their rustic charm and traditional aesthetics. Try to keep the original features intact and enhance them with modern amenities.
- Customize the layout: Work with your contractor to design a layout that suits your lifestyle and preferences. Consider factors like storage, counter space, and workflow to optimize the functionality of the space.
- Choose durable materials: Farmhouse kitchens should be durable and able to withstand the wear and tear of daily use. Consider materials like solid wood, stone, and metal for durability and longevity.
- Add vintage elements: Incorporate vintage elements like retro appliances, antique light fixtures, and vintage hardware to enhance the rustic feel of the space.
- Think about color: The color palette of your farmhouse kitchen should be warm and inviting, with muted shades of cream, green, blue, and yellow. Use natural materials like wood and stone to add warm accents and texture.
Past Projects By Our Contractors Near Downtown
Homeowners have used Block to bring 1000+ renovations to life. Browse through the renovations we’ve done nearby, and see how the vetted contractors in our network have consistently delivered exceptional results.
Top Contractors Near Downtown
Block matches you with a local, vetted contractor that is fully licensed and insured. From the hundreds of contractors that apply, only 7% are chosen.
Doing a Remodel in Downtown
One simple platform to plan, design, build, and manage your project
Collaborate with Renovation Experts
Work with with a vetted local contractor who’s met the Block Network’s exacting standards. Plus, have the additional flexibility to work with design and permitting pros.
Data-Backed Pricing and Timelines
Get accurate costs, timelines, and build expectations based on data from thousands of successful projects, as well as proprietary layout and financial tools.
An Eye for Quality
Seamlessly achieve form and function in your design by accessing a library of curated looks—complete with coordinated fixtures, tile, and cabinetry.
Popular in DowntownIncorporate Freestanding Kitchen CabinetsMaster Bathroom Doorless Walk In Shower IdeasHow Much Do Cleaners Cost After Your Renovation?Most Common Bathroom Remodel ProblemsPopular Bathroom Paint Colors
You Might Also LikeAcheive A Seamless Built-In Refrigerator Cabinet LookKitchen Paint Colors For Dark CabinetsWhat To Look For in a General Contractor AgreementDesign Build Firms Vs General ContractorsHow To Install An Oven
Learn About BlockHow It WorksBlock Design LibraryProject GalleryReviews
In Other Nearby AreasBrooklynBushwickWest VillageChelseaGreenpoint